Last item for navigation

Working Papers

New Jersey law requires all workers under the age of 18 to obtain working papers. Furthermore, minors must be at least 14 years of age to be employed in the state of New Jersey with the exception of employment in agriculture, newspaper delivery, and theatrical occupations. The child labor laws no longer apply when minors reach the age of 18. 

Both Ridge High School students and Basking Ridge residents not enrolled at RHS can obtain working papers by contacting Mrs. Grossmann in the Counseling Office.