The Math Acceleration Application will be available/accepted from April 10 - May 11, 2017 only. Students interested in applying to take an acceleration course during the summer of 2017 will need to apply during this time period.
- Students must have grades for MP1, MP2 and MP3 before an application will be considered.
- To be eligible to accelerate, students must:
- Currently be in an honors mathematics class (if already in high school)
- Have a cumulative A average in that honors class
- Demonstrate an ability to be able to handle an advanced workload
- The only online course that will be given consideration would be a course through Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth.
- Courses taken the summer before grade 9 will not appear on the high school transcript or count as a graduation requirement.
- Approved courses in subsequent summers will be recorded on the transcript as Pass/Fail and will receive credit, but will not count toward the Ridge GPA.
- The student must finish the year with a final average of an A or better.
- Please do not register for any course until you receive approval via email from Mrs. Wolff.