How Can I Help?
To guarantee the best possible education for your child, the home and school must work together. Here are a few suggestions as to how this can be accomplished:
- Come to Back-to-School Nights in the fall so you can meet your child's teacher early in the year.
- Let your child know that you respect and support the teacher and that you intend to work together for your child's best interests.
- Find out how much homework is expected and talk with your child about the importance of completing the homework assignments.
- Make sure your child gets plenty of rest and has an adequate diet. Encourage good health habits and allow free time for leisure activities.
- Don't pressure your child about grades or compare your child to other children. Look for the positive.
- Encourage interests in books, magazines, hobbies, trips, and current affairs. Have reading materials in your home. Read and work with your child.
- Feel free to contact the school whenever there is a problem. Don't just talk about school problems with your neighbors--get in touch with the school where someone can give your problem immediate attention.